Venturing into the world of homemade cleaning products is way easier than you may think. Making your own products is cheap, easy and the best way to keep your home naturally clean and free of toxic chemicals and irritants.
Here are the most common ingredients needed to create hundreds of all-natural, non-toxic products to clean your home.
- Baking soda
- Distilled white vinegar
- Essential oils (I love lemon and lavender oils.)
- Corn starch
- 20 Mule Team Borax
- Dr. Bronner’s Castile Soap (I like peppermint.)
- BPA-free or stainless steel spray bottles
- BPA-free or glass storage containers
- Rubber gloves
- Recycled sponges and/or Microfiber cloths
- Funnel (Different sizes are helpful for filling all-size containers.)
- Measuring spoons/cups
I’m still a newbie, but creating combinations with the ingredients above has not left me disappointed. I use homemade bathroom products mostly, but have made a disinfectant spray for the kitchen that I will make again in the future. I’ll post that recipe once it’s perfected. 🙂
Building a green cleaning kit of your own is a great way to ease into all-natural, homemade products. Once you try it, I guarantee you’ll be hooked.