A couple of days ago I decided, quite spontaneously I might add, to make some granola. I found a partial recipe in my food archives, but it didn’t have enough info to make me really feel confident in what I was doing. Nevertheless, I decided that I couldn’t mess up too bad, so what the heck? Turns out I made some darn good granola that the whole family loved. Yay, healthy snacks!
Since I pretty much winged it, the amount of eat ingredient isn’t exact. I went with what felt right. Here are the deets:
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries *amount depends on your preference.
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tbsp all-natural maple syrup
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Spread mixture onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
And you’re done!
This recipe is bare-bones when it comes to granola making, which worked well for me that evening. Feel free to be adventurous and make your own. Let me know how it turns out!