I heart technology. My favorite piece of technology is my iPhone, and mobile applications (apps) are the icing on the cake. While having the world at your fingertips can be a distraction, my phone has become a great resource and tool for making my life WAY easier.
Below are the apps I use to stay organized, entertained and everything in between. Oh, and they help to maintain my sanity, too. HELLO!
- Wunderlist – This is my virtual to-do list. I used to use this daily, but now I use it for more long term goals. It’s easy to use and can be updated from both your phone and computer (www.wunderlist.com).
- Grocery IQ – This is my virtual grocery list. You can create a personalized list from the history of the items that you’ve previously added. When it’s time to shop I just select exactly what we need and I’m ready to go.
- Pinterest – I love the app more than I love the site itself! If you’re not on Pinterest, get on it! You won’t be sorry. You can check out my boards here.
- Fooducate – I was recently introduced to this app and I’ve been using it more and more. It’s all about helping consumers find better foods at the supermarket. One of the coolest features is the ability to scan the barcode of an item and get tons of information, such as the likelihood of GMOs, the level of processing its been through and the vitamins it contains. If you’re serious about eating healthy foods, this is the app for you.
- Vegan Yum Yum and 21-Day Vegan Kickstart – When we became vegetarian, these two apps were used daily. They offer great recipes that are healthy and easy to make. They both have awesome websites, as well. (www.veganyumyum.com and www.21daykickstart.com)
- Facebook/Facebook for Pages/Twitter – These are my Achilles’ heels. Oh, the humanity of social media. It’s a definite love-hate relationship, more love than hate though.
- WordPress – This is my one-stop-shop for my blog. It’s been updated for better usability, so I find myself using it more often. If you have a blog, or want to start one, WordPress is super easy and this app is a great way to keep it updated while you’re on-the-go.
- Hulu, Netflix, VideoTube – Mostly my 5-year old uses these apps; I use them on occasion though. Hulu and Netflix requires a subscription (averages $8 – cheaper than cable/satellite); the apps are free.
- Kindle (for iPhone) – This is where I get my read on. I’m creating a cool little library of free e-books. Yay for free books!
- Pandora/Spotify – These are my go-to, must-have music apps. I listen to both every single day and probably will for long as they’re free. 🙂
- Hay House Radio – This app is my new addiction. I LOVE Hay House Radio and am so happy that I can listen wherever I go. If you want to be inspired, uplifted and enlightened on a daily basis, this app is for you.
- I check my calendar app every morning to make sure I know what I’m supposed to be doing. Novel, right? The coolest function of my calendar is that it’s synced with my husband’s calendar so we both have the same information everywhere we go. You can read how we did this here.
- Bank Accounts – Having easy access to our money is essential in my world. I can view balances, transfer money and even deposit checks if I need to. All from my phone. If that’s not financial savvy, I don’t know what is.
- Credit Karma – This is an awesome app that allows you to check your credit score and report whenever you want. Experian is the only one available through the app currently, but you can see all of your reports and scores on the website. Did I mention your scores and reports are free? Oh, yeah! The information is updated on the app monthly.
What are some of your favorite apps? Share with me in the comments below!