I’m not sure if it’s them sensing that Spring is near, or them being affected by Mercury Retrograde, or if they just don’t need as much sleep as before, but my boys have been waking up before the sun (around 5 am) almost every day for two weeks. With me having my own sleeping issues (I’m at the end of my third pregnancy), I realllllllly need them to sleep in. I’m talking until at least 6 am. Is that too much to ask??? Apparently so. *sigh* In an act of desperation I decided to try something I’d been eyeing for months on Amazon, but didn’t want to take the plunge for fear of buyer’s remorse. So when I saw the Onaroo OK to Wake! Children’s Alarm Clock during a shopping trip at Target I finally decided to buy it. I still cringed at paying $30 for a kid’s alarm clock, but desperate times call for desperate measures, people.
I brought it home and the boys were instantly intrigued. Of course they thought it was a toy, so I had to explain that this was a clock that would glow when it was time to get up in the morning. My eldest, B, is my early bird, so this is more for him than my youngest, Z, but I thought that both could benefit and learn the concept fairly easily.
Here are my pros and cons:
- Kids seem to easily get the concept of green glow means it’s OK to come and wake up Mom and Dad.
- It’s easy to program for your desired wake up time.
- The night light is soft yet enough bright enough to see what you’re doing in the dark.
- It has a cute, kid-friendly design that comes with a changeable face plate (choose from green or pink).
- It can be used for naps, too! There’s a separate nap timer you can program to help little nappers know when nap time is over.
- It runs on batteries. It would be nice if it came with an AC adapter, as well.
- The batteries were a challenge to install. There’s a teeny tiny screw that needs to be removed to access the battery compartment and I almost lost it twice.
Buy it! Now. 🙂
This clock has been like a gift from the heavens. Truly. B still gets up before 5 am, but goes back to bed because the clock isn’t glowing so it’s not time to get up. Sometimes he’ll just lay in bed and wait until it goes off, and other times he’ll actually catch a couple more zzzz’s. Before he’d wake up and come and wake up me and his brother, and, as you can imagine, that wasn’t the most pleasant experience for anyone. Z hasn’t caught on quite yet and will still wake up before the clock and find his way to my bed, but he usually will go back to sleep quickly. Sometimes if it’s before 5:30 am, I’ll take him back to his bed and he’ll sleep until around 6:30-7 am, which works very well for Mama.
There you have it, folks. My very first product review! I hope you get the clock and try it for yourself. If you’re thinking of buying it, please consider using the link above as it’s linked to my new online Amazon store. It won’t cost you anything extra to buy from my store, and you’ll help support my blogging efforts in the process. ‘Preciate ya. 😉 If you do buy it, let me know how much you love it. mmmkay?
Disclaimer: This post may contain an affiliate link. This is not a sponsored post and all of the views are my own. Thanks for reading and for your support!